Friday, July 13, 2012

went off the "tracks" but i'm back on program

well dang where does the time go?
i had done soooo well on Medifast plan this 2nd go round until the 4th of July. I have surely learned that having my lean and green meal at 12-1 is the best plan for me. on the 4th i sat down that evening w/ family to eat my l&g, problem was i didn't stop with that. i had some potato salad, an ear of corn and a small serving of angel food cake and strawberries. that was on a Wed nite, then Thurs, Fri, Sat i was off plan, eating corn on cob, potato salad and angel food cake. calorie wise i didn't do badly but even carbs to knock me out of ketosis i'm sure.
so Sat nite dh and i went down to san diego to fish on sunday on our boat, i took all my MF meals and intended to get back on plan Sunday.
well nature had other plans for my body. my first trip away from the dock on this boat which we've had for 2 years. there was a north wind and the water was choppy. i started the day at 5:30 w/ oatmeal at the boat dock, by 8:30 my tummy was not doing well. i switched over to some 100 calorie cookie packs dh had... by 10:30 i was feeling quite nauseous.... he gave me half a turkey sandwich of his a bit later. i didn't progress beyond just feeling nauseated...but that was bad enough.
for dinner i had a chicken sandwich and french fries.
when i went to bed that nite i got 'land sickness', strange as i had felt fine on the 2 hr drive home but something happened when i laid down.
Monday morning i went outside to water flowers and 'land sickness' stroke again... but i stuck firmly on Mf meals...thankfully i felt fine after awhile, so strange to feel sea sick on land
i've been very active doing some planting and other gardening. today i upended 6 32 gal trash cans of grass clippings into my compost bins, mixed w/ the scads of new zealand spinach i pulled up so hoping i burned alot of calories
looking forward to Monday weigh in, soooo hoping to leave the 230s behind...

so i must do everything possible to stay firmly on plan til then...

it seems at times dealing with family relationships can impact how easily i stay on Mf plan, How about for you?  what tactics help deflect relationship quagmire to derail your staying on eating and exercising plan?
i don't plan on blogging too much about relationship issues i have with living family... which makes it hard to share some of the things i'd like to on how/why these issues contributed to my allowing myself to be 100 lbs overweight and how a bad relationship day gives the 'fat chick on my shoulder' more of a say on the choices i make on those bad days
but i can share that allowing myself some time to stamp my feet and vent helps... then keeping busy really knocks the 'garbage' out of my conscious mind. for me, i KNOW having extra vitamine B as i probably receive w/ the medifast meals blocks the hyperfocus on upsetting situations...
well july is almost half over, 2012 IS half over. I intend to stay focused and drop lbs, get healthy the rest of 2012...
i'm sure dh will be having a 60th birthday party in March 2013 and it seems feasible i could be at goal weight then with some hard work between now and then...
i will set some short term goals as well to keep me focused. what weight goals did you set for yourself in July?

No comments:

Post a Comment